This Frozen Chocolate Oreo Pie is one of those old-time desserts passed down from neighbor-to-neighbor and that takes you back to the flavors you loved when you were a kid. This easy-to-throw-together sugar-rush of chocolate is the perfect treat to eat outside on a summer evening!
This Frozen Chocolate Oreo Pie tastes kind of like a frozen chocolate milkshake—but richer and creamier. My son-in-law introduced it to our family. He grew up eating it for special occasions, and it’s still the only dessert he wants for his birthday dessert.
The great thing about this no-bake pie is how quick and easy it is to put together. Just press the crust, whip the cream, mix in a few no-fuss ingredients, pour, and freeze. Top with chocolate jimmies, Oreo crumbs, or whipped cream and mini Oreos—whatever sounds good to you!
You can serve Frozen Chocolate Oreo Pie in any freezer-safe dish. Pour it all into a 9-inch springform pan, two 7-inch springform pans, or a standard 9×13 pan. Or, dress up individual servings for a party by using mini-cheesecake pans or mini Mason jars. If you choose to use a muffin pan, you’ll want to use individual thick foil liners like you would for making a mini cheesecake in a muffin pan—they’ll be hard to remove from the pan without one. And keep in mind that the thicker you pour the filling, the harder it will be to cut through once it’s frozen.
One of my sons suggested even pouring the Oreo Pie Filling in popsicle molds for homemade Creamies—a local chocolate dairy treat.
This easy-to-make dessert is perfect for a crowd. Make it easier to serve by removing it from your freezer and softening on your counter for a few minutes. This will give it that rich, soft-serve consistency and will make it easier to cut. Be sure to start with small pieces—Frozen Chocolate Oreo Pie is a rich dessert (though that hasn’t stopped my boys from asking for seconds!)
Give Frozen Chocolate Oreo Pie a try this summer—I promise, you won’t regret it!
- 20 to 23 Oreo cookies
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces heavy cream, whipped*
- 2/3 cup chocolate syrup (Hershey's or similar)
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- In a food processor or ziptop bag, crush the whole Oreo cookies into fine crumbs.
- In a separate bowl, combine Oreo cookie crumbs and melted butter. Press into pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form and set aside.
- In large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, and chocolate syrup until well combined. Gently fold in the whipped cream. Spread mixture over the crust and top with chocolate jimmies or additional crushed Oreos, if desired. Freeze for several hours or overnight, until quite firm.
- About 5 minutes before serving, remove from freezer and allow to slightly thaw before cutting.
This recipe makes a big batch—enough for a 9-inch springform pan or a 9×13 pan or enough for two mini-cheesecake pans with 12 mini-cheesecakes each. I used a size 40 cookie scoop to portion my mini-cheesecakes. *I don't recommend substituting a sweetened whipped topping like Cool Whip. This recipe is already quite sweet as written, and subbing a pre-sweetened whipped cream makes it too sweet for my taste.
More Desserts Perfect for Summer Nights
- Chocolate Covered Frozen Key Lime Pie Bites
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake Roll
- Berry Parfaits
- Roasted Strawberry Ice Cream
- Ice Cream Waffle Bowls
- Red, White, and Blue Puff Pastry Parfaits