Welcome to a world where chocolate dreams come true and every bite brings a smile. These Fudgy Chocolate Sixlets Cookies are loaded with delicious rich cocoa, goey chocolate chips, and colorful Sixlets Candies. Whether you’re craving a sweet pick-me-up or looking to impress at your next gathering, these cookies are sure to delight your taste buds and warm your heart.
Why We Love Chocolate Sixlets Cookies:
What sets these Fudgy Chocolate Sixlets Cookies apart is their irresistible combination of flavors and textures. The rich cocoa powder and dark chocolate chunks create a fudgy center that melts in your mouth with every bite. And let’s not forget about the Sixlets candies! Their candy-coated shells add a pop of color and a satisfying crunch. Enjoy these cookies with a glass of cold milk or shared with loved ones.
You’ll need two packages of the Valentine’s Sixlets. Of course you could substitute Valentine M&M’s or use regular Sixlets and make them any time of year.
Absolutely! Feel free to customize these cookies to your preference by using milk chocolate chips or chunks instead of semi-sweet chocolate. You could even substitute dark chocolate if that is your thing.
While Sixlets candies add a unique crunch and color to these cookies, you can certainly experiment with other candies such as M&M’s, macadamia nuts, Reese’s Pieces, or mini peanut butter cups.
Yes! You can substitute the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour blend to make these cookies gluten-free. Just be sure to check that all other ingredients are also gluten-free.
How to Store your Fudgy Chocolate Sixlets Cookies:
Once cooled, store your Fudgy Chocolate Sixlets Cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week. For longer storage, you can freeze the cookies in a freezer-safe container for up to three months. When ready to enjoy, simply thaw at room temperature or warm briefly in the microwave for a gooey treat.
This is my favorite chocolate cookie and it’s easy to mix up however you’d like. I hope you’ll give it a try!
Fudgy Chocolate Sixlets Cookies
- 2 ¼ cups flour all purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 packages Sixlets Valentine's candies, 4-ounce each
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line cookie sheets with parchment or silpat liners. In medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla and mix until well blended.
- Add flour mixture and mix on low speed just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips and Sixlets. (I reserved about ⅓ of the Sixlets and pressed them into the top of the cookie immediately after they came out of the oven.)
- Using a small cookie scoop, drop by rounded scoops on to cookie sheets. Bake for 8 minutes, until edges are set, but still soft in center. Let cookies cool on the cookie tray for five minutes. Remove cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- Mixing Tips: Be careful not to overmix the dough once you add the dry ingredients. Overmixing can result in tough cookies, so just mix until the ingredients are combined.
- Cookie Size: Use a cookie scoop or spoon to portion out the dough for consistent cookie sizes. This ensures that all cookies bake evenly and are ready to enjoy at the same time.
- Baking Time: Keep an eye on the cookies as they bake, as oven temperatures may vary. The cookies are ready when the edges are set but the centers are still slightly soft. They will continue to set as they cool on the baking sheet.
- Customization: Feel free to get creative with this recipe! Add chopped nuts, shredded coconut, or even a sprinkle of sea salt on top of the cookies before baking for extra flavor and texture. Don’t have any Sixlets? You can substitute M&Ms, Reese’s Pieces, macadamia nuts, mini peanut butter cups, or your favorite candy bar – chopped up.