Cheesecake with a layer of caramel over a graham cracker crust wrapped in luscious chocolate. These Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake Bites are a perfect, irresistible Valentine’s treat for your sweetheart.
We weren’t able to stop eating these decadent little bites. So creamy, smooth and delicious. I had to get them out of the house just to stop myself from eating them all.
I’ve joined a fun group of bloggers to put together a roundup of recipes on the first day of every month! This month we’re doing chocolate desserts just in time for Valentine’s Day. After you’ve checked out this Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake Bites recipe, be sure and scroll to the bottom of the post for links to all the chocolate dessert recipes!
For the last three years I’ve made Cheesecake Pops for my neighbor for her birthday. This year I wanted to change them up by adding some graham crackers.
I was looking at recipes to determine the amount of crumbs to use and stumbled on the Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake Bites at Land O Lakes Recipes. The recipe was so easy, and we liked them even better than the Cheesecake Pops (which are amazing.)
How to Cut Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake Bites
I used the watermelon knife I bought this summer to cut the cheesecake. It is extra long and serrated so I didn’t have to drag the knife through the cheesecake. I just cut straight down and pulled it straight back up and then rinsed the knife under hot water before cutting the next section.
See that missing piece of cheesecake in the picture? My husband stole that corner when I turned my back to grab the camera. Irresistible!
This recipe is a must try. It’s an elegant dessert, that’s easy to make. I was craving these Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake Bites for at least a week after they were gone.
- 1 cup finely crushed graham crackers (9 graham crackers)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 20 caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons cream or half and half
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 (12-ounce) package (2 cups) real semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used 12 ounces chopped Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Wafers)
- 1/4 cup shortening
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 8-inch square baking pan with double thickness of aluminum foil, extending foil over ends of pan. Spray foil with no-stick cooking spray. Combine crushed graham crackers and butter in small bowl. Press onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Combine caramels and cream in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100% power) 1 minute; stir. Continue microwaving 30 seconds; stir until smooth. Pour over crust in pan. Refrigerate while preparing cream cheese mixture.
- Combine softened cream cheese and sugar in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add egg and vanilla, beating just until combined. Stir in sour cream. Pour over caramel mixture.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until just set 2 inches from edge of pan. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Loosely cover; refrigerate at least 4 hours. (I chilled mine overnight.) Lift cheesecake from pan using foil ends. Cut into one inch squares about 49 squares. Place squares on a parchment lined baking sheet and freeze for 1 hour before dipping in to chocolate.
- Combine chocolate chips and shortening in 1-quart saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth (4 to 5 minutes). (I used a double broiler.) Dip each cheesecake square in to the chocolate; remove from the chocolate with a fork and allow excess chocolate to drip back in to the pan before placing the square back on to the parchment lined baking sheet. Let stand about 20 minutes or until chocolate is firm. Store refrigerated.
Adapted from Land O Lakes
More Chocolate Dessert Recipes You’ll Want To Try
Chocolate Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
Easy Chocolate Pudding Cupcakes
Triple Chocolate Cupcakes
Chocolate Boston Cream Pie Cupcakes
Best Chocolate Fudge Recipe Ever
Raspberry Chocolate Tart
Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake Bites
No Bake Chocolate Dessert Lasagna (Lush)
Easy Ritz Cracker Toffee
Chocolate Nutella Fudge
Chocolate Mousse Truffle Shots
Chocolate Pound Cake
Red Velvet Bundt Cake with Kahlua Ganache
Flourless Black Bean Brownies