Fun Halloween Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn mixed with peanut butter cup candy corn, peanut butter M&Ms, and salted peanuts then coated with white chocolate and drizzled with orange and black candy melts.
Last year I made Candy Corn Popcorn for Halloween. My family devoured it. So this year when Carol mentioned that she found Peanut Butter Cup Candy Corn at the store, I had to hunt some down and put a peanut butter twist on my Halloween popcorn recipe.
I started with pre-popped Skinny Pop popcorn that they sell at Costco. To that I added peanut butter candy corn, peanut butter M&Ms and salted peanuts. Next time I think I’ll add some bite size peanut butter cups too.
The peanut butter candy corn was a fun change, but most in my family said they preferred regular candy corn. The peanut butter popcorn combination though was a big hit.
If you’re putting together Halloween treats for neighbors, friends or co-workers, this is a quick, easy-to-make treat that they’ll go crazy for. I know my family couldn’t stop eating it.
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels, popped
- 11 ounce package peanut butter M&Ms
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 cup peanut butter cup candy corn
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup each orange and black candy melts
- Pour the popped corn onto 2 baking sheets lined with a silpat or parchment paper. Remove any unpopped kernels. Mix in candy corn, M&Ms, and nuts.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt white chocolate on 50% power. Drizzle over the popcorn. Using a spatula, toss the popcorn mixture to coat it with melted chocolate.
- Put colored candy melts in two Ziploc bags, microwave candy melts at 50% power for 1 minute. Knead candy in the bag. Continue to microwave and knead at 30-second intervals until smooth and completely melted.
- Snip off a small corner of the Ziploc bags and drizzle the melted candy on top of the popcorn.
- Let the popcorn rest on the baking sheets until the melted candy is dry, or if you're in a hurry pop it in the fridge to set up.