These fun Oatmeal Raisinet Cookies are a classic, chewy, buttery oatmeal cookie with a fun twist. Instead of raisins or chocolate chips, I’ve used chocolate covered raisins so you get the best of both worlds.
For me, the Super Bowl is mostly a great excuse to eat junk food. I was at Costco buying the junk food and their giant tub of chocolate covered raisins caught my eye. Raisinets are my favorite movie candy, but I try to avoid buying the huge Costco jar of chocolate covered raisins because I definitely eat more than I should if they’re in the house.
Then I remembered that I’d been wanting to make cookies with Raisinets and I decided I could justify buying the enormous container of chocolate covered raisins if it was also a baking ingredient! So Oatmeal Raisinet Cookies became a delicious part of our Super Bowl smorgasboard.
The cold cookies are better than a hot one right out of the oven because the chocolate has time to set up around the raisin again.
I made these cookies again recently for an open house my realtor was hosting. When I got home the entire platter of cookies was gone. I’d say they were a hit. I hope you’ll give them a try too.
Oatmeal Raisinet Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups oats quick or old fashioned, uncooked
- 1 ½ cups Chocolate Covered Raisins Raisinets
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together flour, salt and soda; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add flour mixture; mix just until blended. Stir in oats and raisinets. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to chill the dough for 30 minutes.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 10 - 12 min or until light golden brown on the edges. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Store tightly covered.
More delicious chocolate oatmeal cookie recipes: