Big, fluffy, moist, tender Raspberry Banana Streusel Muffins loaded with raspberries and topped with a sweet, crunch almond streusel topping.
My adults boys are still living at home and with their busy college and work schedules, it’s rare that we get to eat breakfast together. I miss being together for breakfast, so I initiated mandatory Sunday breakfast.
My family is crazy about my Blueberry Streusel Muffins and they were on the menu last Sunday. However, when I got up Sunday morning there was one lonely banana sitting on the counter that was past it’s prime.
So I decided to change up the muffin recipe and add a banana. There were also some raspberries in the fridge that needed to be used up. So I turned my blueberry muffins into raspberry banana muffins.
When I’m making muffins I always use a scoop. It’s less messy and all the muffins bake up the same size. A #16 scoop is the perfect size for muffins. I’m also in love with the If You Care Muffin Papers. They peel away from the muffins easily and you don’t lose any muffin on the paper.
My boys loved these Raspberry Banana Streusel Muffins. They were definitely worth waking up for. I’m sure your family will love them too.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large banana
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoon sliced almonds, slightly crushed
- Preheat oven to 350º. Lightly grease a muffin tin with cooking spray or vegetable oil, or line with paper muffin liners. Prepare streusel topping and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in banana until blended. Add eggs, vanilla and milk. Add flour mixture and stir until just combined. Fold in raspberries.
- Divide batter evenly into 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle muffins with streusel topping.
- Bake at 350º for 20 to 25 min, until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean. When muffins are done, cool for a few minutes in the muffin pan before removing to cool on a wire rack.
In a small bowl, whisk together sugar and flour. Add oil and mix until mixture has a sandy texture. Add almonds and stir to combine.
More muffin recipes you might like:
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins, Barbara Bakes
Mango Lime Muffins, Barbara Bakes
Chunky Monkey Banana Muffins, Barbara Bakes
Blackberry Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins, Sally’s Baking Addiction
Lemon Crumb Muffins, Crazy for Crust
Chocolate Banana Muffins, Chef in Training