Only four ingredients in this easy-to-make sherbet, so the sweetness of the strawberries really shines through. A splash of lime is the perfect tart compliment to the sweet, juicy strawberries.
I’ve got another delicious summer treat for you today. Veggie Grettie, is my Secret Recipe Club blog this month. On Veggie Grettie, Gretchen focuses on eating a plant based diet for optimal health. Whatever she bakes or cooks is gluten-free as well as vegan. There were several recipes I wanted to try, but I loved the grogeous red color of her Strawberry Lime Sorbet.
Gretchen used So Delicious Vanilla Coconut “Yogurt” which is made with coconut milk in her Strawberry Lime Sorbet. Chobani sent me a great selection of their delicious Greek yogurt to sample (I mentioned in a previous post how much I love their lemon yogurt), so I decided to use non-fat Strawberry Chobani Greek yogurt instead.
I was impatient to make this recipe, so I didn’t chill my ice cream freezer insert long enough. It didn’t set up in the ice cream maker and it wasn’t as smooth as I would have liked, but the flavor was excellent. Creamy and delicious with no fat. A perfect way to cool off this summer.
Strawberry Lime Sherbet
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- ¾ cup 6 oz. strawberry yogurt
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons agave more or less depending on the sweetness of your berries
- Place all of the ingredients (except the agave) into the blender and blend until smooth.
- Taste the mixture to determine the amount of sweetener needed and sweeten to taste.
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturers directions. Once the ice cream maker has finished its cycle pour the sorbet into a container and freeze. You may want to take it out of the freezer and mix it quickly every 30 minutes for 2 hours to keep the consistency even.
- If you do not have an ice cream maker, pour the sorbet mixture from the blender into a freezer safe container (preferrably a shallow container to expedite freezing) and take it out of the freezer to mix it every half hour until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Remove from the freezer 20 minutes prior to serving to soften slightly.
Visit the Secret Recipe Club for information on how to join in the fun. Stop by Veggie Grettie for great gluten-free, vegan recipes. And be sure and check out all the great recipes the Secret Recipe Club members created this month.
‘); // ]]>