Pizza for breakfast? Yes, please! Especially if it’s whole wheat pizza dough topped with bacon, scrambled eggs, and cheese.
These individual breakfast pizzas come together quickly if you make the dough the night before. After the dough has risen, punch it down, cover it tightly and put it in the refrigerator overnight. In the morning bring the dough to room temperature before rolling it out.
Or you could make pizza for dinner, double the pizza dough recipe and put half of the dough in the fridge for breakfast. Either way, it’s a fun way to start the day.
- Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- Olive Oil
- 6 eggs, scrambled
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 - 1 cup shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 450º. Put your pizza stone in the oven to heat while the oven is preheating.
- Divide the dough into four equal portions. Roll each piece into a 6 to 8 inch round depending on how thick you like your crust.
- Cook pizza crust on pizza stone until the crust is full cooked and golden brown on the bottom, about 5 - 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and drizzle top of crust lightly with olive oil.
- Combined the scrambled eggs, crumbled bacon and sliced green onions. Divide the egg mixture between the four pizzas and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Return to the oven and bake a few minutes more until the cheese is melted and starting to brown.