These fun Candy Corn Cream Puffs start with a bright yellow cream puff shell which is filled with an orange cream cheese filling, iced with a bright white icing, and finished with a candy corn on top.
Today I’m sharing a fun Halloween cream puff recipe. I created these Candy Corn Cream Puffs for my new e-book, Simply Sweet Dream Puffs. There wasn’t room in the cookbook for this recipe and it got cut in the final draft. It’s such a fun cream puff, I’m excited to finally be able to share it with you.
White icing color turns the icing bright white, but it’s optional if you don’t want to buy it.
These Candy Corn Cream Puffs take candy corn to a whole new level and would be a fun addition to any Halloween party.
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Pinch of salt
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon orange food coloring
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 16 yellow cream puff shells
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon white icing color
- In a large mixing bowl, beat heavy cream and salt until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and food coloring until smooth. Add cream cheese mixture to heavy cream and beat on low speed until incorporated.
- Cut off the top half of the cream puff. Pipe cream mixture into bottom shell. Cover with top half of the cream puff shell. Spread the top of the éclair with the white icing. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Combine powdered sugar, heavy cream, water, and white icing color in a small, deep bowl and whisk until smooth. Add more water or powdered sugar if needed to make a smooth, spreadable icing.
It’s also available on Barnes and Noble if you’re a Nook user, and other online book outlets