A crisp, buttery cream puff shell filled with a no-bake raspberry cheesecake filling and drizzled with a tart triple berry icing.
Recently I was asked if I had time to help a junior high school student who was interested in a career in baking, Her school assignment was to job shadow someone to get some real world experience in her chosen field.
It’s a busy time of year for food bloggers with the holidays upon us, and I have to admit I was a little hesitant about having a young girl I didn’t know in my kitchen for four hours when I had so much work to get done.
But I didn’t need to worry at all Makaylee was a pleasure to have in the kitchen. She’s a hard worker and mature beyond her years. She listened and soaked up everything I taught her. I only had to show her how to do something once, and she gladly took over making, piping and decorating cream puffs.
I thought it would be fun to show her what a food blogger does from start to finish. So when she arrived we created a new recipe. We looked through my Dream Puffs cookbook and dreamed up a new flavor for us to make.
She like the Strawberry Cheesecake Eclairs in Dream Puffs, and I had fresh raspberries and cream cheese in the fridge, so we created a raspberry cheesecake filling. She also liked the pretty pink icing on the Cherry-Almond Cream Puffs so we added a triple berry icing to our recipe.
Once we created a new recipe, we headed to the kitchen and started baking. After we finished baking, filling and decorating the cream puffs we went to my photography studio (it use to be my son’s bedroom), and Makaylee helped me style and take these photos so we could share the recipe with you.
Makaylee was a delight and created a delightful new cream puff flavor. If you love cream puffs and you love raspberry cheesecake, you’re going to be crazy about these raspberry cheesecake cream puffs.
More cream puff recipes on Barbara Bakes:
- Candy Corn Cream Puffs – a fun Halloween cream puff.
- Churro Cream Puffs – A crisp cinnamon-sugar shell filled with a light and airy cinnamon whipped cream.
Raspberry Cheesecake Cream Puffs
- 16 cream puff shells*
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup fresh raspberries roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup frozen mixed berries thawed
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Add cream cheese mixture to heavy cream and beat until incorporated.
- Fold raspberries into the whipped cream.
- Spoon raspberry whipped cream into the bottom of the shell.
- Puree berries and press through a fine mesh strainer over a small bowl to collect the juice.
- Combine powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons berry juice in a small, deep bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Add more powdered sugar or juice (or water) if needed to make a thin glaze.
Thanks Makaylee for helping me in the kitchen. I know you’re going to be a great baker one day. You’re already on your way.