An easy, delicious Crockpot / Slow Cooker meal made with inexpensive chicken thighs and a simple Asian style sauce. I spiced the Crockpot Spicy Honey Garlic Chicken up with a little garlic chili sauce and served it with foolproof rice.
I adapted this recipe from the Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe on Taste and Tell, which was featured on Kalyn’s Kitchen delicious site Slow Cooker from Scratch. A great site for finding slow cooker recipes. This is a wonderful weekend night meal that comes together quickly.
Also included in this post is a Recipe Round Up. I’ve joined a fun group of bloggers to put together a roundup of recipes on the first day of every month. This month we’re sharing Easy Crockpot Dinner Recipes.
After you’ve checked out this easy Crockpot Spicy Honey Garlic Chicken recipe, be sure and scroll to the bottom of the post for links to all the other great easy Crockpot recipes!
I doubled Deborah’s recipe, adapted from More Make it Fast, Cook it Slow, so I would have leftovers to freeze for another day. Doubling the sauce wasn’t necessary so I decreased it to one and a half in my adapted recipe below.
The foolproof method from America’s Test Kitchen Healthy Family Cookbook cooks the rice the same way you would pasta. Just boil it in a lot of water until it’s tender and drain it.
You end up with perfectly cooked, fluffy rice and an added bonus is that it cooks in less time than the traditional pilaf style. It’s such great idea. If you have trouble cooking rice and don’t have a pressure cooker, give this method for cooking rice a try.
Put this Crockpot Spicy Honey Garlic Chicken on your menu soon. You’ll be glad you did.
Spicy Honey Garlic Chicken with Foolproof Rice
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ½ teaspoon dried minced garlic
- [1 teaspoons chili garlic sauce]
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- ¾ cup ketchup
- ¾ cup honey
- 1 cup rice*
- 2 ½ teaspoons salt
- Spicy Honey Garlic Chicken
- Place the chicken in the bottom of a slow cooker. In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, chili sauce, soy sauce, ketchup and honey. Pour over the chicken and cover.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or high for 3 to 4 hours. Remove chicken, place on a plate and tent with foil to keep warm. Transfer the remaining sauce to a saucepan and reduce down over medium heat until desired consistency is reached. Serve over the chicken and garnish with fresh basil.
- Serve over rice.
- Foolproof RiceIn a large pot bring 4 quarts of water to a boil. Stir in the rice and salt. Return to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until rice is tender.
MORE MUST TRY EASY CROCKPOT RECIPES:
Slow Cooker Weeknight Lasagna
Shredded Pork Chile Verde
BBQ Pulled Pork
Crock Pot Mississippi Pot Roast Sandwiches
Spicy Honey Garlic Chicken
Low Carb Slow Cooker Meatloaf
Crock Pot French Dips
Slow Cooker Chicken & Veggie Soup
Crockpot Chicken Jambalaya
Slow Cooker Beef Tacos
Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo
Spicy Crock Pot Macaroni and Cheese
Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Curry