Sweet juicy summer peaches baked in a rich, buttery coffee cake crowned with a sweet, crumbly streusel topping.
There were gorgeous peaches at the farmers market this weekend, so I couldn’t resist buying a little basket full of them. My son asked me to baked more coffee cakes for our weekend breakfasts, so a fresh peach coffee cake was added to the menu.
Last year I made peach cobbler muffins which were my inspiration for this coffee cake. They’ve been very popular on Pinterest and several readers have commented that they’ve substituted canned peaches with good success. So if peach season is over in your neck of the woods, feel free to substitute canned peaches.
If you don’t have a coffee cake pan, you can make this coffee cake in two 9″ round cake pans. I debated whether to make it in cake pans or my coffee cake pan. The coffee cake pan looks more spectacular, but I love it when I bake it in two cake pans because then I can pop one cake in the freezer to save for another weekend when I don’t have time to bake.
Give this coffee cake a try soon and you’re family will be asking you to bake more coffee cakes too.
Fresh Peach Coffee Cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 ⅓ cups milk
- 2 cups fresh peaches peeled and diced about 2 large peaches
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 13-cup coffee cake pan or 2 9” cake pans, set aside. (I like to use non-stick baking spray with flour.)
- Stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat sugar with softened butter until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Mix in vanilla.
- Alternate adding dry ingredients and milk to the butter sugar mixture, beating well after each addition. Mix in peaches.
- Spoon batter in to prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven 25 minutes.
- Prepare Crumb Topping: Combine sugar, flour, and cinnamon in a small mixing bowl. Add butter and mix until mixture resembles wet sand.
- After 25 minutes, sprinkle crumb topping on top of cake and bake for an addition 20 to 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean.
- Whisk together powdered sugar and milk to create a thin glaze.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Drizzle icing on cake. Cool completely on a wire rack before serving.
Other peach recipes you might like: