Fresh, ripe, juicy peaches baked in a sweet, tender cinnamon muffin crowned with a cinnamon streusel topping. The flavors of peach cobbler in a muffin. If you love peaches, you’ll love these Peach Cobbler Muffins!
The idea for these muffins came from Bizzy Bakes. She participates in Muffin Mondays and has an entire section devoted to muffins.
There were so many muffins that looked delicious, but her Peach Cobbler Muffins looked like a must make. I picked up some big juicy, ripe peaches at the South Jordan Farmers market with these muffins in mind.
I used my favorite muffin recipe that works well at my altitude, substituting peaches for blueberries and adding cinnamon to the batter and streusel topping.
Peaches added more volume to the batter and I had enough batter to make 15 muffins. You could reduce the amount of peaches used, but I wouldn’t. I loved having it loaded with peaches.
A peach cobbler muffin is such a fun idea. I don’t know why I haven’t tried using peaches in a muffin before – they’re delicious!. Thanks Chaya for sharing this delicious idea.
Pick up some peaches while you still have a chance and give these a try. You’ll be glad you did.
Peach Cobbler Muffins
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup whole milk
- 2 cups fresh peaches diced (about 2 large peaches)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Streusel ToppingIn a small bowl, whisk together sugar and flour. Add oil and mix together until full incorporated and you have a sandy texture.
- Preheat oven to 350º. Lightly grease a muffin tin with cooking spray or vegetable oil, or line with paper muffin liners.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, vanilla and milk. Add flour mixture and stir until just combined. Gently stir in peaches.
- Fill muffin cups ⅔ full with muffin batter. (Don't over fill.) Sprinkle muffins with topping.
- Bake at 350º for 20 to 25 min, until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- When muffins are done, cool for a few minutes in the muffin pan before removing to cool on a wire rack.
More peach recipes you might like:
Fresh Peach Coffee Cake, Barbara Bakes
Peaches and Cream Ebleskivers, Barbara Bakes
Raspberry Peach Cobbler, Barbara Bakes
Peach Hand Pies, Shugary Sweets
Peaches and Cream Ice Cream, Pint Size Baker
Peaches and Cream Stuffed French Toast, Two Peas and Their Pod