The Hershey Kiss Cookies are a match made in cookie heaven. A soft, chewy, and buttery cookie base, bursting with the goodness of brown sugar, vanilla, and a pinch of salt to balance the sweetness. And right at its center, a Hershey’s Kiss awaits, its chocolaty richness adding a delectable surprise with every bite. It’s the perfect harmony of flavors that’ll leave you wanting more.
One of the best things about Hershey Kiss Cookies is that they’re incredibly easy to make. So, whether you’re a seasoned baker or an enthusiastic novice, get ready to whip up some magic in your kitchen. With just a handful of ingredients and a dash of love, you can create these scrumptious treats in no time!
Hershey Kiss Cookies
To achieve the perfect cookie dough consistency, make sure your butter is softened but not melted. Leave it out at room temperature for about 30 minutes before you start baking. This is worth the extra step!
When mixing the dough, you want to mix everything until it is just combined. Overmixing can lead to tough cookies, and we want them soft and chewy!
Whether it’s a cozy night in, a family gathering, or a bake sale extravaganza, Hershey Kiss Cookies are the ultimate treat for every occasion. These little delights are not only scrumptious, but they also add a touch of sweetness to any event. Plus, they’re so easy to share! You can whip up a batch and spread joy among your friends, family, or even your colleagues at work (just don’t blame us if they keep asking for more)!
- Creamy peanut butter
- Brown sugar
- Baking soda
- Hershey Kisses
Keep scrolling to find a full, printable recipe with a detailed ingredient list.
- Preheat oven and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, peanut butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla extract, mixing until fully incorporated.
- Stir in flour and baking soda until just combined.
- Scoop portions of dough and roll into smooth balls.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned on the edges but soft in the center.
- Gently press an unwrapped Hershey’s Kiss into each warm cookie, being careful not to crack them.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can prepare the cookie dough in advance, roll it into balls, and then freeze them on a baking sheet. Once they’re frozen, transfer the dough balls to a freezer-safe bag or container. When you’re ready to bake, simply place the frozen dough balls on a baking sheet and add a minute or two to the baking time.
If you prefer a more distinct Hershey’s Kiss shape in your cookies, press the chocolate into the dough right after the cookies come out of the oven. This will allow the Kisses to soften slightly and hold their shape better.
To ensure soft and chewy Hershey Kiss Cookies, avoid overbaking them. Once the edges turn lightly golden, they are ready to come out of the oven. The centers may look slightly underdone, but they will firm up as they cool.
If you want to make a larger batch of Hershey Kiss Cookies, you can easily double the recipe. Just make sure you have enough baking sheets and oven space to accommodate the increased amount of cookies.
- Nutella Topped Peanut Butter Cookies
- Easy Funfetti Cookies
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Lavender Shortbread Cookies
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
If you’ve tried this Hershey Kiss Cookies recipe or any other recipe on Barbara Bakes, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some pictures of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories.
Hershey Kiss Cookies
- ½ cup butter softened
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- About 2 dozen Hershey Kisses unwrapped
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla until smooth and well combined.
- Add the all-purpose flour and baking soda to the bowl, stirring until the dry ingredients are fully incorporated into the dough.
- Roll about a tablespoon of the cookie dough into a ball using your hands. Place the dough balls on an ungreased baking sheet, leaving some space between each cookie.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are slightly golden.
- As soon as the cookies come out of the oven, gently press a Hershey Kiss into the center of each warm cookie, making sure it sticks to the cookie.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Creaming the butter and sugars together until smooth is essential for achieving a soft and tender cookie texture.
- For a variation, you can use different flavors of Hershey Kisses, such as milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or caramel-filled Kisses, to add a unique twist to the cookies.
- If you prefer a stronger peanut butter flavor, you can use chunky peanut butter instead of creamy.
- When pressing the Hershey Kiss into the cookies, be gentle to avoid cracking the cookies’ edges.
- Letting the cookies cool slightly on the baking sheet allows them to set before moving them to the wire rack for further cooling. This helps prevent them from breaking or losing their shape.
- Store any leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for a few days. You can also freeze them for longer storage and enjoy them later.
Hershey Kiss Cookies are the perfect fusion of joy and sweetness, bringing smiles to faces and warmth to hearts with every delightful bite. I can’t wait for you to try them.