When two delicious worlds collide, magical things happen. In the realm of sweet treats, the combination of peanut butter and Nutella is a match made in culinary heaven. These delectable Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies are a delightful fusion of rich, nutty flavors, creamy textures, and irresistible sweetness.
Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies are the epitome of sweet indulgence. With their irresistibly rich and nutty flavors, they are sure to satisfy any sweet tooth. Whether you’re baking them for a special occasion, a treat for yourself, or to share with loved ones, these cookies are guaranteed to be a hit.
Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies
These cookies offer a delightful contrast in textures. The exterior is slightly crisp, while the interior remains soft and chewy. The creamy Nutella and smooth peanut butter contribute to a velvety texture that melts in your mouth.
Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies possess a visually appealing appearance. They are a cookie that is fun and different so people will be excited to try it. The contrast between the golden-brown edges and the dark chocolate swirls of Nutella adds to their visual allure.
- Chunky peanut butter
- Brown sugar
- Nutella for topping
Keep scrolling to find a full, printable recipe with a detailed ingredient list.
- In a large bowl, cream together chunky peanut butter, butter, and brown sugar using an electric mixer until creamy. Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the peanut butter mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Chill the dough in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Form the chilled dough into balls and place them on a lined baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Gently press down on each dough ball with a fork to flatten slightly.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden.
- Cool the cookies on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the cookies are cooled, top each one with Nutella.
Frequently Asked Questions
While Nutella is the classic choice for these cookies, you can experiment with other chocolate spreads if you wish. However, keep in mind that the flavor and consistency may vary, potentially altering the overall taste and texture of the cookies.
Absolutely! The dough can be frozen for up to three months if tightly wrapped in plastic wrap and stored in an airtight container. You can also freeze the baked cookies, ensuring they are fully cooled before placing them in a freezer-friendly container. Thaw the dough or cookies in the refrigerator before baking or enjoying.
To maintain freshness, store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature. They will remain delicious for up to one week. If you want to extend their shelf life, you can also refrigerate them for up to two weeks or freeze them for up to three months.
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Lavender Shortbread Cookies
- Homemade Nutter Butter Cookies
If you’ve tried this Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies recipe or any other recipe on Barbara Bakes, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some pictures of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories.
Nutella Topped Peanut Butter Cookies
- ¾ cup of chunky peanut butter
- ½ cup of room temperature butter
- 1 cup of packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups of all-purpose flour
- Nutella for topping
- In a large bowl, cream together the ¾ cup of chunky peanut butter, ½ cup of room temperature butter, and 1 cup of packed brown sugar. Use an electric mixer and beat the mixture until it is well combined and creamy.
- Crack the egg into the mixture, add the 1 ½ teaspoons of vanilla extract, and mix well until these ingredients are fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine the 1 ¼ cups of all-purpose flour, ½ teaspoon of baking powder, and ½ teaspoon of baking soda. Stir these together to ensure they are evenly mixed.
- Gradually add the dry ingredient mixture to the peanut butter mixture, mixing until just combined. Be careful not to overmix as this can make the cookies tough.
- Chill the dough in the refrigerator for about 1 hour. This will make it easier to handle and shape into balls.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C), and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a large ice cream scoop or your hands to form the dough into balls. Place these onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart to allow for spreading.
- Using the back of a fork, gently press down on each ball of dough in a crisscross pattern to flatten them slightly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are lightly golden.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the cookies are completely cool, spread a dollop of Nutella on top of each one.
Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies are a delightful treat that combines the best of both worlds. Their popularity stems from the irresistible flavor combination, the contrasting textures, and the fond memories they evoke. So, don’t hesitate to whip up a batch of these heavenly cookies and indulge in a truly satisfying and memorable dessert experience.