The addition of bacon and barbecue sauce takes meatloaf to a whole new level. Even my daughter who doesn’t like meatloaf loves this BBQ Bacon Pioneer Woman Meatloaf.
I don’t make meatloaf often, so when I decided to make it for Sunday dinner, I wanted to dress it up a bit. Luckily, I remembered the mouth-watering meatloaf recipe in The Pioneer Woman Cooks. Ree, Pioneer Woman, dresses up her favorite meatloaf by wrapping it in bacon and slathering it with tomato gravy.
I was in a hurry after church and substituted our favorite BBQ sauce for the tomato gravy Ree uses in the original recipe. We loved the BBQ sauce with the meatloaf, so I’ve made it that way ever since.
It’s a fabulous combination of flavors and this is my favorite meatloaf recipe now too. You can bake the meatloaf in the oven on a broiler pan as shown above. If you’re in a hurry, you can even make this meatloaf in the pressure cooker using my Pressure Cooker / Instant Pot BBQ Bacon Meatloaf recipe.
However, since I got my Traeger Pellet Grill / Smoker last year, I almost always smoke it now.
You get a flavorful smoke ring on the top of the meatloaf that really compliments the bacon and barbecue sauce. If you prefer, you can make your own Sweet and Tangy BBQ Sauce.
My husband loves this BBQ Bacon Pioneer Woman Meatloaf so much, he asked for it for his birthday. We made a double batch and served it to the kids and grandkids who love it too. I hope you’ll give it a try.
Here’s a video showing how easy it is to make this barbecue bacon meatloaf.
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 bread slices
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt, such as Lawry’s
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup minced flat-leaf parsley
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 8-12 thin bacon slices (I used Hormel frozen fully cooked bacon)
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Pour the milk over the bread and allow it to soak in or several minutes.
- Place the ground beef, milk soaked bread, Parmesan cheese, salt, seasoned salt, black pepper and parsley in a large mixing bowl. Pour in the eggs
- With clean hands, mix the ingredients until combined well.
- Form the mixture into a loaf shape and place on a broiler pan, which will allow the fat from the meat to drain. Line the bottom of the pan with foil to make clean up easier.
- Lay bacon slices over the top, tucking them underneath the meatloaf.
- Stir the mixture until well combined. Spread 1/3 cup BBQ sauce over the top of the meatloaf.
- Bake for 45 minutes, then pour another 1/3 cup of the BBQ sauce over the meatloaf. Bake for an additional 15 minutes. Serve with the remaining BBQ sauce on the side as a dipping sauce.
Smoke It: Place the meatloaf on a slotted tray on a smoker preheated to 225 degrees, close the lid, and smoke for 4 hours or until the internal temperature reads 165 degrees F. Let the meatloaf rest for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Pioneer Woman's Tomato Gravy Recipe https://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/my-favorite-meatloaf/
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 397Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 149mgSodium: 962mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 0gSugar: 12gProtein: 30g
Nutrition information is calculated by Nutritionix and may not always be accurate.
Easy Cheesy Tamale Pie, Barbara Bakes
Easy Ground Beef Tacos, Barbara Bakes
Mexican Stuffed Shells, Barbara Bakes
Pressure Cooker Shepherd’s Pie, Pressure Cooking Today
Southwest Taco Stuffed Spaghetti Squash, Nutmeg Nanny