These black bean and green chili tostadas are quick, and easy to make at home, which will give you more time to spend with those you love.
Kroger, Smith’s in my neck of the woods, sent me a fun Movie Night package with Redbox rentals, movie candy, and their new PeakFection™ guacamole and salsa. Their guacamole and salsa is processed using a cold water, high-pressure processing technology, so it stays fresh longer. So you can keep it on hand in the fridge without worrying about having to use it up quickly.
The salsa and guacamole were the perfect addition to our tostadas. I wouldn’t hestitate to buy them at the market. The medium salsa kicked up the heat with a fresh tasting, not too chunky salsa; and the the guacamole complemented the salsa with a wonderful, fresh creamy coolness.
You could change up the tostada any way you wanted. I like black refried beans better, but use regular refried beans or your favorite taco meat if you prefer. If you like it really hot, you could even switch out the mild chilies for a few jalepenios.
Quick Black Bean and Green Chili Tostadas
- 8 5- inch white corn tortillas
- 1 16 oz. can refried black beans
- 1 4 oz can mild chopped green chiles
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 250°. Lightly spray tortillas with cooking spray. Bake until tortillas are crisp and starting to brown, about 5 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine refried beans and green chiles. Heat covered for 1 to 2 minutes until the beans are warm.
- Spread warm refried beans on crisp tortillas and top with lettuce, cheese, guacamole and salsa. Serve immediately.
Disclosure: Kroger sponsored this post, and provided the PeakFection guacamole and salsa, and a fun movie night package, but all opinions expressed are always my own.