Peach cobbler is a popular southern dessert. My Raspberry Peach Cobbler is loaded with sweet peaches and tart raspberries then topped with a sweet, buttery cake-like topping.
My husband’s not a big fan of biscuit type toppings on cobblers. So I searched for a recipe that had a more cake-like top I could pair with my sweet peaches.
I found this highly rated Paula Dean recipe on the Food Network with a cake-like topping. Now my husband raves about it too.
Since the recipe starts with fresh peaches, first check out my tutorial on how to slice peaches. Fresh peaches are easy to slice if you know a few tricks to make it easier.
Once you have the peaches sliced, you’re going to cook them briefly with sugar, cinnamon, and cornstarch to thicken the luscious peach juices.
Baking Tip: Whisking the sugar and cornstarch together before adding it to the peaches helps keep the cornstarch from clumping together and not dissolving quickly.
Once you’ve cooked the peaches and the juices have thickened, you’ll mix in the raspberries. Then, you’ll set the fruit aside and make the cobbler part of the recipe.
I made several changes to the original cobbler part of the recipe, including reducing the butter and sugar. My mom always made peach raspberry jam, so I added raspberries, to add a little tartness to the sweet peach filling.
My final change was to top the cobbler with some turbinado sugar. It gives the top a prettier color and adds just a little bit of crunch. If you don’t have it at home, you could sprinkle on a little bit of regular granulated sugar.
Of course, I had to serve it ala mode. I love the creamy ice cream melting into the hot fruit. So good! Definitely give this recipe a try with the beautiful, juicy peaches now at the market.
Be sure and check out the video to see just how easy and delicious this raspberry peach cobbler is to make!
Raspberry Peach Cobbler
- ½ cups 4 ounces sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup 2 ounces water
- 3 cups 1.5 lbs. peeled, sliced peaches
- 1 cup ⅓ lb. fresh raspberries
- 6 tablespoons 3 ounces unsalted butter
- 1 cup 8 ounces sugar
- 1 ½ cups 7.5 ounces all purpose flour
- 2 ¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups 12 ounces milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Turbinado sugar sugar in the raw, optional
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Whisk together ½ cup sugar, cinnamon, and cornstarch in large microwave-safe bowl. Stir in water and peaches. Microwave on high, stirring occassionally, for 6-8 minutes or until the peaches have softened and liquid has thickened. Remove from microwave and stir in raspberries.
- Put the butter in a 9x13 baking dish and place in oven to melt.
- Whisk together 1 cup sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually whisk in milk and vanilla. Pour mixture over melted butter. Gently spoon fruit mixture evenly on top of batter. Batter will rise to top during baking. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes until golden.
- Optional: After 25 minutes cook time, sprinkle turbinado sugar over the top of cobbler and continue cooking until golden.
- To serve, scoop onto a plate or bowl and serve with vanilla ice cream.
More peach recipes you might like:
Peach Cobbler Muffins, Barbara Bakes
Peaches and Cream Crumble Top Pie, Barbara Bakes
Grilled Peach Pie à la Mode, A Farm Girl Dabbles
Vegan Peach Crisp with a Hazelnut Pecan Topping, Vintage Mixer
Peach Maple Bundt Cake, Completely Delicious
Crockpot Peach Cobbler, Leftovers Then Breakfast
Lizzy (Good Things)
What a lovely looking cobbler… now I wish it was summer here in Australia!
Peach cobbler is my all time favorite! I’ve never added raspberries. It sure looks delicious!
This looks like a great recipe!
Allie | Baking A Moment
What a gorgeous cobbler! It sounds like utter perfection! I’m sure the raspberries balance the sweet so beautifully… and I love the look of that cakey topping! Your photos are so good I can almost taste it!
Wonderful recipe! And perfect for the peaches my husband bought at the farmers market the other day! Thanks for sharing!!
I’ve always had a place in my heart for peach cobbler 🙂 this recipe is fantastic!
My Inner Chick
–What a delicious sin!
Maureen | Orgasmic Chef
I could eat this faster than you can say, “Y’all come back now, hear?”
Claire @ Claire K Creations
Oh my goodness this looks good. I’m tempted to make it with apples so I don’t have to wait for the summer stone fruit to arrive!
Idéal en ce moment
This is heavenly, Barbara. Sweet and tart…great combo of summer flavours.
I love peach cobbler! Your version with the raspberries sounds delicious!
I love peach cobbler and of course, the ice cream is a must!
Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar
A good cobbler in the summer is my favorite treat! This recipe looks lovely!
Mmmmm, I love a good peach cobbler! And raspberries sound like the perfect addition.
I can’t seem to eat enough fruity desserts this season!! This cobbler looks extra fabulous – as I’m not a huge fan of biscuit-like cobblers either! And thanks for sharing my link 🙂
Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes)
Now that is a cobbler! That looks really delish!
Averie @ Averie Cooks
That looks so good ! And a la mode is the only way to serve a cobbler!
Divine! That is such a great fruit combination.