This is a two-fer as Rachel Ray would say. We had Spicy Grilled Pork Tenderloin for dinner one night and another night we had this wonderful, easy and very flavorful skillet dinner.
I adapted it from a yummy recipe on Lynda’s Recipe Box. (Be sure and check out her version of the recipe if you don’t have some meat already cooked to add to the skillet.) My husband started the South Beach diet again, so I also left out the rice and didn’t add cheese to the top.
My husband ate his on a bed of lettuce, but the kids and I ate it with salad and a roll. Everyone loved this meal and I will definitely make it again. It doesn’t get much easier than this.
- 1 Spicy Grilled Pork Tenderloin cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 T. oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ onion diced
- 1 4 oz. can diced green chilies
- 1 cup of frozen or fresh corn
- 1 can of black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 14 oz. can crushed tomatoes in puree
- 1 cup mild salsa
- 1 ½ ts. chili powder
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat, saute the diced onion and minced garlic until tender. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for about 10 minutes.