If you have a sweet tooth and a love for all things strawberry, then this recipe is just for you! We’re going to dive into the world of strawberry frosting, a delightful concoction that will elevate your cakes, cupcakes, and other baked treats to a whole new level of deliciousness.
Strawberry frosting pairs wonderfully with a variety of baked goods, adding a sweet and fruity twist to enhance their flavors. It is delicious on cakes, cupcakes, cookies, donuts or anything else that needs a blast of flavor.
Made primarily from fresh strawberries, cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar, strawberry frosting is a perfect balance of creamy and fruity goodness. The star ingredient, strawberries, brings natural sweetness and a hint of tanginess to the frosting, making it a crowd-pleaser for both adults and children alike.
One of the best things about strawberry frosting is its versatility. It can be used to adorn various baked treats, transforming them into mouthwatering delights. Whether you’re spreading it on a classic vanilla cake, piping it onto cupcakes, or filling a layer cake, the addition of strawberry frosting takes any dessert to a whole new level.
- Lemon juice
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
Keep scrolling to find a full, printable recipe with a detailed ingredient list.
- Blend washed, hulled, and crushed strawberries in a food processor until smooth.
- Strain the strawberry liquid into a saucepan, removing seeds.
- Simmer the strawberry puree in the saucepan over medium-high heat until reduced by half (around 15-20 minutes). Let it cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, unsalted butter, powdered sugar, and a pinch of salt until smooth.
- Add ¾ to 1 cup of cooled strawberry puree to the bowl and mix until desired consistency.
- Spread the strawberry frosting over your cake, cupcakes, or baked goods.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can. However, keep in mind that the texture and taste might differ slightly. Fresh strawberries usually yield the best results, but frozen ones can still work well if you don’t have access to fresh ones.
If stored properly in an airtight container in the refrigerator, strawberry frosting can be kept for up to 5 days. Before using it again, make sure to let it come to room temperature and give it a quick whisk to restore its smooth texture.
If you find the frosting too sweet for your liking, you can reduce the amount of powdered sugar. Start by adding less than the recommended 12 cups and taste the frosting as you go along. Remember, you can always add more sugar if needed.
- Coconut Cream Cupcakes with Toasted Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting
- Old Fashioned Brownies with Frosting
- Easy Nutella Frosting Recipe
- The Best Classic Yellow Birthday Cake with Chocolate Frosting
If you’ve tried this Strawberry Frosting or any other recipe on Barbara Bakes, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some pictures of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories.
- 2 ½ cups strawberries washed, hulled, and crushed strawberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 12 cups powdered sugar
- In a food processor, process the washed, hulled, and crushed strawberries until they become a smooth liquid.
- Strain the strawberry liquid through a fine-mesh strainer to remove any seeds, into a small saucepan.
- Heat the strawberry puree over medium-high heat until it is reduced by half. This should take about 15-20 minutes. You should end up with around 1 cup of strawberry puree when it’s done.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and let the strawberry puree cool completely.
- In a separate mixing bowl, cream together the cream cheese and unsalted butter until they are smooth and well combined.
- Add the powdered sugar and pinch of salt to the mixing bowl, and continue to mix until the frosting is smooth and creamy.
- Add ¾ to 1 cup of the cooled strawberry puree to the mixing bowl, and continue to mix until the frosting reaches the desired consistency.
- Once the frosting is ready, you can spread it over your cake, cupcakes, or other baked goods and enjoy!
So there you have it – a delightful strawberry frosting recipe that’s easy to make and bursting with flavor. Whether you’re a baking enthusiast or simply someone with a sweet tooth, this frosting will undoubtedly become a favorite in your repertoire. Give it a try and get ready to indulge in a berrylicious treat!