[donotprint]Thanks for all of the nice comments about the Snickerdoodle Bread and the Food Bloggers Great American Bake Sale. It was fun to meet up with some of my fun food blogging friends, taste some of their yummy baked goods and raise money for Share Our Strength at the same time. Maria wrote a nice recap of the Bake Sale on Two Peas and Their Pod. Below is a picture of my bread all dressed up and ready for the party Bake Sale.
The Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread I made for the Great American Bake Sale is my family’s favorite quick bread. It’s moist and tender and sweet and delicious. It makes a great after school snack and it’s sweet enough to serve for dessert. I’ve tweaked the recipe until I think I’ve got it just right. I hope you’ll give it a try and let me know what you think.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup butter, soften
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 16 oz can of pure pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350?F and spray two medium loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray, or four/five mini loaf pans (5 3/4 x 3 1/4 x 2 1/4. Don't fill more than 2/3 full.)
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, spices, salt, baking soda, and baking powder and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer cream the butter and the sugar until fluffy, about two minutes. Add eggs one at a time mixing well after each addition. Add the pumpkin and combine well.
- Add the dry ingredients stirring until just combined. Coat the chocolate chips with 2 T. flour and stir into batter.
- Spoon batter into prepared pans. Bake side-by-side for about one hour or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. (Bake 35-40 minutes for the mini loaves.)
Substitute 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon plus 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg and 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves for 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice.
Some of the links in my posts may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Thank you for supporting Barbara Bakes when you shop!