Colorful, fun, craveably delicious Candy Corn Popcorn would make delightful party gifts packaged in fun individual Halloween bags, or just whip up a batch for you to munch on while you pass out treats to the cute little trick-or-treaters this Halloween.
The other day, I was at the grocery store, and they were selling little bags of candy corn popcorn for Halloween. Since I’m always on the look out for fun new products to try, I picked it up and checked it out. It looked like all they’d done to turn the popcorn in to candy corn popcorn was drizzle a little bit of orange and yellow white chocolate on top of popcorn.
I thought to myself, candy corn popcorn should have candy corn in it. I knew I could make better candy corn popcorn than that, and I headed to the Halloween candy aisle to buy some candy corn to make a better candy corn popcorn.
While I was in the Halloween candy aisle, to buy the candy corn, there were lots of other “candy corn” candies. So in addition to regular candy corn, I couldn’t resist adding candy corn M&M’s, as well as drizzling the popcorn with Hershey’s Candy Corn creme bars.
To balance out the sweetness of the candy, and load the popcorn up with even more delicious goodies, I added salty cashew nuts to the mix.
This wasn’t just better candy corn popcorn, it was dangerously addicting Candy Corn Popcorn. I couldn’t stop eating bite after bite of this Candy Corn popcorn. My family likes candy corn more than I do, but candy corn covered in white chocolate takes it to a whole new level of deliciousness.
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels, popped
- 1 cup Candy Corn M&Ms
- 1 cup Candy Corn
- 1 cup salted cashew nuts
- 1 package (9.45 oz) Hershey’s Candy Corn Creme Bars, chopped
- Pour the popped corn onto 2 baking sheets lined with a silpat or parchment paper. Remove any unpopped kernels. Mix in M&Ms, candy corn, and nuts.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt Hershey bars on 50% power. Drizzle chocolate evenly over the popcorn. Using a spatula, toss the popcorn to coat it with the white chocolate. Let the popcorn rest of the trays until the chocolate is dry. (It took several hours, but you could put it in the fridge and it will set faster.
- *Substitute White Chocolate if you can’t find the Hershey's Candy Corn Creme bars
More popcorn recipes you might like:
Easy Rocky Road Popcorn, Barbara Bakes
Microwave Caramel Popcorn, Barbara Bakes
Cookie Butter Popcorn, I Heart Naptime
Twix Caramel Popcorn, Two Peas & Their Pod
How to pop popcorn on the stove, Recipe Girl