Hey there, pizza lovers! Are you tired of the same old pizza delivery options and looking to spice up your snack game? Well, you’re in for a treat because we’re about to embark on a pizza-tastic adventure with Homemade Pizza Rolls!
Why settle for store-bought pizza rolls when you can create your very own delectable, mouthwatering bites of joy in the comfort of your kitchen? Plus, homemade pizza rolls mean you can customize your flavors and experiment with endless possibilities. Let’s roll!
Pizza rolls are the ultimate finger food. They are compact, bite-sized, and easy to hold, making them perfect for parties, movie nights, game days, or any casual gathering where people can mingle and munch.
Pizza rolls are incredibly versatile. While they are fabulous as a snack, they can also be served as appetizers at parties, paired with a dipping sauce. They can even be part of a meal when served with a side salad or as a fun accompaniment to soup.
Let’s face it, making and eating pizza rolls is just plain fun! Rolling out the dough, adding toppings, and creating these adorable little bundles of joy brings out the inner child in all of us.
- Active dry yeast
- Shredded cheese e.g., mozzarella, cheddar
- Pizza sauce
Keep scrolling to find a full, printable recipe with a detailed ingredient list.
- Activate yeast in warm water for 5 minutes.
- Mix in sugar, salt, oil, and flour to form a smooth dough.
- Let the dough rise for 20 minutes until doubled in size.
- Add pizza filling to rectangles and fold into pockets.
- Fry until golden brown and crispy. Enjoy warm!
Frequently Asked Questions
Homemade pizza rolls offer the advantage of customization, allowing you to control the quality and freshness of the ingredients. Plus, making them from scratch adds a touch of love and creativity that makes them extra special and delicious.
Classic marinara sauce is always a hit, but you can also pair pizza rolls with ranch dressing, garlic butter, or even a spicy aioli for an extra kick.
you can prepare the dough and the pizza filling in advance. Assemble the rolls just before frying or baking to ensure the best texture and taste.
One of the best things about homemade pizza rolls is the ability to customize them to your liking. You can choose any sauce, cheese, and toppings you prefer, making each batch a unique flavor experience.
- Easy Mini Pizza Recipe
- Overnight Pizza Dough
- Air Fryer Eggplant Pizzas
- Air Fryer Pizza Pockets
- Margherita Pizza Phyllo Bites
If you’ve tried this Homemade Pizza Rolls recipe or any other recipe on Barbara Bakes, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some pictures of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories.
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2-3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded cheese e.g., mozzarella, cheddar
- ½ cup chopped pepperoni cut into small pieces
- ¾ cup pizza sauce
- In a bowl, add the active dry yeast to warm water. Let it stand for 5 minutes to activate and become foamy.
- Stir in the sugar, salt, and oil into the yeast-water mixture.
- Gradually add 2-3 cups of all-purpose flour to the wet ingredients, mixing until a smooth and elastic dough forms. Adjust the amount of flour as needed to achieve the right consistency.
- Cover the dough and let it rise for 20 minutes in a warm, draft-free place until it doubles in size.
- While the dough is rising, prepare the pizza filling by combining the shredded cheese, chopped pepperoni, and pizza sauce in a bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Once the dough has risen, roll it out on a lightly floured surface to about ⅛ inch thickness.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut the rolled-out dough into rectangles measuring approximately 2×4 inches.
- Spoon about a tablespoon of the pizza filling onto each rectangle, then fold over the dough to form a pocket, enclosing the filling.
- Pinch the edges of the pockets together to seal them.
- Heat oil in a frying pan to 350°F (175°C).
- Fry the pizza rolls in the hot oil for about 2 minutes on each side or until they turn golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the fried pizza rolls from the oil and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to absorb any excess oil.
- Serve the pizza rolls while they are warm and enjoy!
- You can customize the pizza rolls by adding other favorite pizza toppings, such as cooked sausage, bell peppers, or mushrooms.
- If you prefer a healthier option, you can bake the pizza rolls in the oven instead of frying them. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and bake the filled pockets on a greased baking sheet for about 15-18 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Leftover pizza rolls can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator and reheated in the oven or microwave for a quick and delicious snack.
Homemade pizza rolls are a crowd-pleasing snack that combines the flavors of pizza in a fun and convenient form. Whether served at parties, movie nights, or as a quick meal, they never fail to bring smiles to faces and leave taste buds dancing with delight.