When it comes to desserts, there’s nothing quite like a homemade pound cake. And when you add fresh strawberries to the mix, you’ve got a dessert that’s not only delicious, but also perfect for any occasion. That’s right, we’re talking about fresh Strawberry Pound Cake!
Strawberry Pound Cake is a classic dessert that’s been around for generations, and for good reason. It’s moist, tender, and bursting with fresh strawberry flavor. This dessert is perfect for everything from a casual weekend brunch to a fancy dinner party. It’s versatile, easy to make, and loved by all.
One of the best things about Strawberry Pound Cake is how easy it is to make. With just a handful of simple ingredients, you can whip up a delicious dessert in no time. The recipe calls for basic pantry staples like flour, sugar, eggs, and butter, along with fresh strawberries and evaporated milk. The hardest part is probably waiting for it to bake and cool!
When making Strawberry Pound Cake, it’s important to be gentle when folding the strawberries into the batter. Overmixing the batter can cause the strawberries to break down and release their juices, which can make the cake dense and soggy. To prevent this, make sure to gently fold in the strawberries with a spatula until just combined. This will help ensure that your cake has a tender crumb and a lovely burst of fresh strawberry flavor in every bite.
- Unsalted butter
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Evaporated milk
- Start by creaming together butter and sugar, then add eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add the flour mixture and evaporated milk to the butter mixture, alternating and mixing well after each addition.
- Toss strawberries in flour and gently fold them into the batter.
- Pour the batter into a greased bundt pan and bake for 75-80 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 20 minutes, then remove it from the pan and let it cool completely on a wire rack. Finally, make a glaze with powdered sugar and heavy cream and pour it over the cooled cake.
Frequently Asked Questions
Fresh strawberries work best for this recipe, but if you have to use frozen, make sure to thaw them completely and drain any excess liquid before adding them to the batter
Coating the strawberries in flour helps to keep them from sinking to the bottom of the cake while baking. This ensures that the strawberries are evenly distributed throughout the cake.
Yes, you can make this recipe up to two days ahead of time. Just store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve it. You can also freeze the cake for up to three months if you wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil.
- Key Lime Pound Cake
- Apple Pecan Pound Cake
- Cream Cheese Bundt Pound Cakes
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
If you’ve tried this Strawberry Pound Cake or any other recipe on Barbara Bakes, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some pictures of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories.
Strawberry pound cake
- 2 ¾ cup sugar
- 1 ¼ cup room temperature butter
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup strawberries cut into pieces
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ – ½ cup heavy cream
- Preheat your oven to 350°F . Grease a 10-12 cup bundt cake pan with cooking spray or butter and flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar using an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Then mix in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture in three parts, alternating with the evaporated milk, starting and ending with the flour mixture. Mix until just combined, being careful not to overmix.
- In another small bowl, gently toss the chopped strawberries with the remaining ¼ cup of flour until well coated. This will help the strawberries not to sink to the bottom of the cake while baking.
- Fold the strawberries gently into the cake batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan, and smooth out the surface with a spatula.
- Bake the cake for 75-80 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool in the pan for 20 minutes before removing it from the pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
For the glaze:
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and ¼ cup of heavy cream until smooth.
- Add more cream as needed, until the glaze reaches your desired consistency.
- Pour the glaze over the cooled cake, and use a spatula to smooth it out if necessary.
- Let the glaze set for about 10 minutes before slicing and serving the cake.
Pound Cake with fresh strawberries is a classic dessert that’s easy to make, versatile, and loved by all. With fresh strawberries and a moist, tender crumb, it’s the perfect dessert for any occasion. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or a beginner, this recipe is sure to become a staple in your dessert repertoire.