Are you a fan of peanut butter? Do you enjoy indulging in sweet treats? If you answered yes to both questions, then peanut butter bars are the perfect dessert for you! These bars are a favorite among many, and for good reason – they’re creamy, peanut buttery, and absolutely delicious.
Making peanut butter bars is easy and requires minimal ingredients. All you need is peanut butter, sugar, eggs, flour, and butter. Mix these ingredients together, bake them in a pan, and voila! You have yourself a batch of peanut butter bars.
Peanut Butter Bars
One of the reasons why people love peanut butter bars is their versatility. You can enjoy them as a snack, dessert, or even as a breakfast treat. They’re perfect for any occasion and are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Peanut butter bars are also a great option for those who are gluten-free or have other dietary restrictions. You can easily make them with gluten-free flour or substitute the sugar for a natural sweetener like honey or maple syrup.
- Vanilla extract
- Crunchy peanut butter
- Salted peanuts
Keep scrolling to find a full, printable recipe with a detailed ingredient list.
- Preheat the oven and prepare an 8-inch square baking pan by greasing it thoroughly with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine melted butter and granulated sugar. Stir until fully combined. Add the eggs and vanilla extract to the butter and sugar mixture. Stir well to incorporate.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix to distribute the dry ingredients evenly.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to combine. Avoid overmixing. Stir in the crunchy peanut butter until evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and spread it evenly with a spatula. Sprinkle salted peanuts over the top of the batter, distributing them evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 30 minutes, until the edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow the blondies to cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Peanut butter bars are a delicious dessert treat similar to brownies, but with a blonde or lighter-colored base. They are made with a combination of ingredients like peanut butter, brown sugar, butter, flour, and eggs, resulting in a dense and chewy texture.
Absolutely! While peanut butter is the classic choice, you can substitute other nut butters like almond butter or cashew butter in the recipe. The flavor and texture of the blondies may vary slightly, but they should still turn out delicious.
Once cooled, you can store peanut butter bars in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3-4 days. If you’d like to extend their shelf life, you can store them in the refrigerator for up to a week. For longer storage, individually wrap the blondies in plastic wrap or foil and freeze them for up to 2-3 months.
- Chunky Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Chocolate Cake
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Stuffed Croissant French Toast
- Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you’ve tried this Peanut Butter Bars recipe or any other recipe on Barbara Bakes, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some pictures of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories.
Peanut Butter Bars
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs large
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- ¼ cup salted peanuts
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. (175 degrees C.).
- While the oven is preheating, prepare your 8-inch square baking pan. Grease it thoroughly with butter or non-stick cooking spray. Make sure all inside surfaces of the pan are well coated to prevent your blondies from sticking.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ⅓ cup of melted butter and 1 cup of granulated sugar. Stir them together until they’re fully combined.
- Next, add in the 2 large eggs and ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract to the butter and sugar mixture. Stir the mixture well to ensure that the eggs and vanilla are fully incorporated.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the ¾ cup of all-purpose flour, ½ teaspoon of baking powder, and ½ teaspoon of salt. Mix these dry ingredients together to evenly distribute the baking powder and salt throughout the flour.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Stir to combine them but avoid overmixing. The mixture should be smooth and free of lumps.
- Add the 3 tablespoons of crunchy peanut butter to the mixture. Stir it in until it’s evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Use a spatula to spread the batter evenly across the pan.
- Sprinkle the ¼ cup of salted peanuts over the top of the batter. Make sure the peanuts are distributed evenly.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven. Bake the blondies for about 30 minutes. The blondies are done when the edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- After baking, remove the pan from the oven and allow the blondies to cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes.
- The salted peanut on top really make these amazing! The texture of these bars is so good, it’s dense like a brownie but it isn’t chocolate. You are going to love them.
- You can use creamy peanut butter if you don’t have chunky though the texture of the chunky is nice in these peanut butter bars.
Peanut butter bars are a delicious dessert. They are simple to make, smooth, and full of peanut butter.