This Easy Chocolate Fondue couldn’t be simpler or more decadent. Add your favorite chocolate fondue dippers and toppings for a unique and unforgettable dessert with minimal effort.
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe: It couldn’t be easier to make this delicious, gooey and warm chocolate fondue. And it’s always a treat. This is the best dessert recipe to impress without extra work.
Update: This is a go-to dessert for us all year long, so I’ve updated the post with new tips, photos, and ideas for dipping and serving your fondue. Enjoy!
How to Make Easy Chocolate Fondue
This fondue is so easy, it comes together in no time. So I recommend having your strawberries and marshmallows (and anything else you are dipping) prepped and ready before melting your chocolate.
It’s important to use a good quality bowl to melt your chocolate for two reasons:
• The bowl will get warm while the chocolate is melting. A better quality bowl won’t get as hot to the touch. Still, be careful when removing your bowl from the microwave. Use a pot holder or oven mitt just in case.
• A good quality bowl will help retain heat which will keep your fondue warm and melted longer.
I like to use a tempered glass bowl, such as Pyrex.
If your fondue begins to thicken too much as it cools, you can microwave it at 10-second intervals until melted and warmed again.
Serving Chocolate Fondue
Wooden skewers are very helpful for dipping your fruit/candy into the chocolate. That way, your hands stay clean. Plus, you have extra leverage for dipping and covering your fruit/candy with plenty of melty chocolate.
Toothpicks or metal skewers work as well.
I recommend letting your fruit come to room temperature before serving the fondue. Cold fruit will begin to harden your fondue as soon as it is dipped.
It will still be delicious, but if you want the warm, melted, fondue chocolate, room temperature fruit will help maintain that consistency.
Chocolate Fondue Dippers
Wondering what to dip in chocolate fondue? There are dozens of delicious things to serve with your chocolate fondue for dipping. Here are some of our favorites:
- Strawberries, raspberries and blackberries
- Kiwi slices
- Apple slices
- Orange segments
- Chopped pineapple
- Caramel squares
- Big, fluffy marshmallows
- Pretzels or pretzel sticks
- Chocolate chip cookies
- Pound cake squares
- Wafer cookies
- Zucchini bread
- Cake Pops
- Almond Biscotti
- Granola bars
- Potato chips
Fondue Topping Ideas
If you want to add more texture to what you’ve dipped in your chocolate fondue, you can also add toppings.
This is not a requirement, but it does make the display look even more festive. Here are some easy toppings to upgrade your fondue:
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Chopped nuts, like walnuts, peanuts, or shaved coconut
- Mini M&M’s (or any mini candy)
- Toffee crumbles
More Chocolate Dessert Recipes
Chocolate lovers, pay attention: these are some of our all-time favorite rich, chocolate desserts:
- Hershey’s Perfectly Chocolate Cake is a total classic that’s perfect for a birthday party.
- Old Fashioned Brownies with Frosting double up on chocolatey goodness with super fudgy brownies and soft, fluffy frosting.
- Pressure Cooker (Instant Pot)Triple Chocolate Layered Cheesecake from Pressure Cooking Today has a total of three gorgeous, gooey and rich chocolate cake layers.
Easy Chocolate Fondue
- 10- ounce bag Ghirardelli® Milk or Dark Chocolate Flavored Melting Wafers*
Chocolate Fondue Dippers
- Dried Fruit
- Caramel Squares
- Angel Food Cake
- Pound Cake
- Donut Holes
- sprinkles nuts, mini M&M candies, toffee crumbles
- Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds on 50% power.
- Remove from the microwave and stir until melted.
- If necessary, microwave in 15-second intervals on 50% power stirring until smooth.
- Serve immediately with your choice of dippers and toppings if using.
- If the chocolate starts to thicken too much while serving, microwave on 50% power for 15 seconds.
I love your blog! How have I missed it before? Love chocolate fondue! Shelby has some great recipes on her blog. She’s one of my favorites too! Have a great week!
Roses and chocolate, what could be better? I love chocolate fondue, especially with strawberries!
One of my very favorite things is chocolate fondue – delicious!